Crouch Waterfall has exceptional experience and a visible track record in complex temporary works and demolition design which exceeds the capacity and knowledge of many other Structural or Civil Engineering Consultancies of any size.
In the past twenty five years Crouch Waterfall has produced a vast range of temporary works designs for a wide cross-section of clients. Routinely designing complex temporary works both integral to the permanent schemes as well as standalone solutions, including high-rise, suspended, movable scaffolds, bridge jacking, formwork, crane and piling schemes, and excavation support.
Working closely with highly regarded demolition contractors Crouch Waterfall also offers a comprehensive review service. Whether designing the demolition procedures for contractors or providing remote structural monitoring for the deconstruction of many kinds of structures.Read More >
Either as an integral part of the permanent works or as stand-alone solutions the team undertakes the design of practical temporary enabling works and demolition methodology.
In the past twenty five years Crouch Waterfall has produced a vast range of temporary works designs for a wide cross-section of clients such as Network Rail, London Underground, Environment Agency, National Trust, Thames Link, Cross Rail the Highways Agency as well as private developers and individuals; and is the consultant of choice for many of the largest Civil Engineering Contractors. Engineers in all offices are experienced in the production of temporary works solutions and have produced a plethora of practical solutions.
- Numerous scaffold designs, including:
- >40 complex designs; high-rise, suspended & movable design
- for railway, highway, confined and rope access environments
- Bridge jacking for refurbishments and replacements
- Temporary pedestrian bridge and services support design
- Propping existing buildings during demo & reconstruction
- Support schemes for large scale temporary formwork
- Design of craneage schemes including lifting beam design and capacity checks, embankment assessment, pile and spread foundation design
- Trench & excavation supports, up to 6m deep adjacent to the operational railway, highways and existing buildings.
- Installation with SPMT
- Temporary & sacrificial rock & soil anchors/ sheet & contiguous piles to enable retaining wall and basement construction
- King post walls
- CAT III checks
- Complex demolition methodologies
The team are also fully conversant with the requirements for Temporary Works Coordinators, Temporary Works Supervisors and CDM requirements.
Crouch Waterfall is a leader in the field of demolition and has undertaken projects as diverse as the demolition of Micklefield Railway Bridge which once carried the former A1 over a mainline railway as well as a control tower and now redundant terminals at Heathrow airport. Working closely with highly regarded demolition contractors Crouch Waterfall also offers a comprehensive review service, whether designing the demolition procedures for contractors or providing remote structural monitoring.