The Chelsea Rail Bridge structure has 5 spans, of 45m each, carrying two electrified lines as well as LUL power supply across the Thames. This £6 million contract involves the following:
- Site surveys – including paint and metal testing.
- Full structural assessment using finite element modelling (CAT 3 checked).
- Detailed design of extensive strengthening works, repair details and associated temporary works to allow implementation, without the requirement for these to be undertaken in a “wheels free” environment (Form AA/BA).
- Design check of the underslung scaffold for GBP works (Form B).
- Design of structural monitoring during the works and design of scour protection and masonry repairs.
- Support for planning and heritage consent and relocation of houseboats (Form C).
- Assessment of track alignment.
- Full specification.
- All the works above were completed, to Form B sign off, including Network Rail approval periods, in 4 months.